We did a banana variation of today’s chia pudding recipe at Saturday’s workshop in London. Everyone loved it 🙂 I’m glad to say that I have found my perfect teaching venue in Russell James’ Raw Chef HQ in Brixton. It’s light, airy and spacious and beautifully kitted out. I’m already looking forward to teaching there again in October!
These past few months have been a real time of reflection and coming-back-to-self for me. I’ve been re-evaluating what’s important to me, and I’m loving the sense of freshness that this is bringing to my life.
Reaping the rewards
After working flat-out building Raw Freedom over the last 6 years, I can feel life opening up before me.
My beautiful business has now reached a point of perpetual motion, where I don’t actually have to sweat so hard to get it moving. It feels good 🙂 . Being self-employed and working from home for most of my adult life, this new period of reflection has delivered these insights:
- I am a social creature that loves to spend time with people. I need to be around other people, chatting, often.
- I need a regular income to feel secure and help me plan for the future (being self-employed rarely delivers this!).
- I thrive off challenge and newness.
- I love being creative; making delicious food and beautiful things (see today’s video for one of my current favourite examples 🙂 )
- I don’t have to kill myself trying to run a million dollar business.
- My quality of life is more important to me than money.
I love that life is a journey. Every down leads to a new up, if you let it. I’ve been chasing the ‘big money’ dream for so many years I’d forgotten there was anything else.
Since I’ve been hanging out in Devon I’ve been allowing my process to unfold. I’ve cut my work hours in half, and been bathing myself in the beauty, peace and healing vibes of the countryside and friends. Now, this is what life is about!
What’s on your mind?
If you feel inspired by today’s video or have any questions, please leave a reply at the bottom of the page and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can . I love to hear from you! x