It’s been a while since my last blog post – for those of you that are new here, Mark and I are travelling the Americas in our campervan for the next few years and I’ve been on a break from blogging for a while 🙂
I’m continuing to run our fantastic online Vitality Detoxes and I’m now back with regular inspiration here too. I’ll be posting every week from now on and I’m really excited to be back, connecting with my lovely tribe once again through the blog.
I’ve planned a whole load of new recipes to share with you over the coming months, as well as inspiration for detoxing your mind, body and soul – not just when you’re ‘doing’ a detox but as a regular part of a healthy lifestyle.
Eating healthy and high raw is an ongoing practice of gentle detoxification – the more you practice making healthy food choices the more those choices happen naturally.
Nurturing your mind, body AND spirit
The aim of this blog is to support your physical, emotional and spiritual health. Without feeding all three aspects of our being, it’s impossible for any one aspect to thrive. Let me give you an illustration of what I mean…
- Healthy eating is incredibly hard when we are emotionally stressed and spiritually disconnected. Have you ever tried (and failed) to stick to a diet or healthy-eating regime when work or home life is in turmoil? It’s really hard!
- Emotional balance alludes us when we are not eating healthily or honouring our soul’s needs. Do you go through phases of surviving on caffeine, sugar, carbs and wine, whilst also living through a situation in which you are not being heard, understood or respected? It’s practically impossible to feel calm – overwhelm and stress take over.
- A sense of deeper meaning and spiritual connection is impossible without the support of pure food and emotional strength. Have you ever done a self-nurturing detox before, where you felt naturally calmer and more spiritually connected without even trying? It’s magic!
In order to experience the sense of inner peace, satisfaction and connection that we all crave we need to nurture our mind, body AND soul.
This week we’re kick starting by nourishing the body with a deliciously life-giving recipe that works as a filling breakfast or light lunch…
Wilted Cheezy Spinach with Avocado on Toast – The Recipe
This recipe is super quick and easy to make. I love to share it with family and friends for brunch at the weekend – sometimes with poached eggs and marinated mushrooms too – or I serve it as a bruschetta starter as part of an Italian inspired meal.
Serve it on wheat-free toast or with raw crackers or bread.
This makes enough for 1 hungry person, or enough for 2 as a starter.
- 1 – 2 slices of gluten-free toast or raw crackers/bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 handfuls of shredded young spinach
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch unrefined salt
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
Put the toast/crackers/bread and avocado to one side.
Place all the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Massage the ingredients with your hands, squeezing and bruising the spinach leaves until they are dark and glossy.
Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone. With the skin still on, dice the avocado flesh, being careful not to cut through the skin itself. With a dessert spoon scoop out the diced avocado and stir into the spinach mixture.
Serve your Cheezy Spinach with Avocado on the toast/raw crackers or bread. Drizzle with a little olive oil to finish.